Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tiwanaku


DSC_2417-m.jpg
Originally uploaded by The MediaMentor.
Jojo and I visited Tiwanaku less than a week before my camera was stolen. I got some amazing shots and reveled in them afterwards. Well, since I do not have those photos currently, I have found a plethora of great photos online. This is a photo of the Puerto Del Sol, through which the locals recently celebrated the new year, on the Solistice. If you click on this photo it will take you to his online gallery, and you can see some more photos of this supurb site.

Tiwanaku is an ancient city and gathering/worshiping center. It is nearby to Lake Titicaca, and was the center of a great civilization. There are many sites in the area, and some have truly monumental stones, statues, and monoliths, all carved with amazing detail using technology we would consider impossible for an undertaking of this magnitude.

I plan on writing more about Tiwanaku but will do so at a later date when i can focus better on the profound effect it had on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home